Monday, January 31, 2011

My Learning Profile

I am a Gestalt thinker with an "L" profile. there are many different profiles but how you tell which one you are is by some very easy test's seeing your dominate eye and leg etc. After finding this you can look in the book given on what helps you learn and what can help you study and such.
One thing the booklet said is that I learn best when I have room to move, When people see move they think walk around the room but basically means room to move their arms or legs. I like to shake my leg and have it elevated on something. Another thing the booklet said "L" learners should do is make lists of what we need to do. I personally don't like to do this because I feel over whelped by work, but when I do make lists I get allot done.
I need to Listen to music or be with someone when I do work or I will just sit there and do nothing. Also I need to see an example of something before I do something or else I will not get the subject we are working on.
Some strategies that would help me learn would be like above look at examples, make lists, and ask for help more. I actually know these can help me because when I do these things I useably get a good grade. Also working in a group helps me focus but as soon as someone goes onto a different subject I will completely loose focus.
A few things I would like my teachers to know, I procrastinate allot and won't get homework done until it's almost due. Also I like to have fun in classes and I enjoy them more so jokes and stuff is cool. Also I need allot of reminders of when retakes are because it most of the time slips out of my mind.
I hope my teachers have learned allot about me and my learning profile so they can make me a better learner.

No comments:

Post a Comment